Thingmaker oven vs Vac-u-form oven

Anyone can read and search for topics but only registered members can post new topics and responses
phxfirefighter

Thingmaker oven vs Vac-u-form oven

Postby phxfirefighter » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:05 pm

I have decided I like the original Vac-u-maker ovens better than thingmaker set ovens for making creepy crawlers. The first reason is they seem to hold up better, I have had to repair alot of thingmaker ovens but no vac-u-maker ovens (just lucky? maybe...), (Better made?...) I don't know, but seems so. The first Creepy Crawler set was the Vac-U-Maker, so as a kid we cooked all our molds in the vac-u-form oven, it worked great and that was all I knew. The other sets we recieved were all Maker-Paks so I never had a small thingmaker oven when I was a kid. Another reason is they set up higher ( makes it a little easier to mess with the mold/goop while mold is cooking (advanced creepy making). What I especially like about the Vac-U-form oven for cooking creepys is that you can put a piece of tin foil in the sheet plastic frame and cover and uncover your molds as you cook to help the thicker molds cook faster. This works perfect and is so easy to use. Bottom line is the Vac-U-Form oven is still the cooker of choice in my book! and they are very easy to come by.
happy creepys! :) John...........
Attachments
gfff.JPG
gfff.JPG (11.13 KiB) Viewed 2470 times

phxfirefighter

Re: Thingmaker oven vs Vac-u-form oven

Postby phxfirefighter » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Here are a couple of pics of me using my vac-u-maker with the tin foil in place. Check out my wepage for more info with my slant on it
Thanks John http://www.CreeplePeeple.com [attachment=2]PB263844.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]PB283853.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]PB283854.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
PB283854.jpg
PB283854.jpg (86.92 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
PB283853.jpg
thick mold with foil in place / ready to cook
PB283853.jpg (74 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
PB263844.jpg
covering the thick mold / cooks faster
PB263844.jpg (81.96 KiB) Viewed 2457 times

Return to “Message Board”