How long to cook your Creepy Crawlers

Anyone can read and search for topics but only registered members can post new topics and responses
dr_goop
Site Admin

How long to cook your Creepy Crawlers

Postby dr_goop » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:01 pm

This is for Ivy031, I accidently deleted your original posting when I was doing maintenance. I believe the question was "how long to cook Creepy Crawlers for in a 1992 Toymax oven?" The orange and green Toymax oven uses a light bulb to generate the heat to melt the goop. Sometimes the lightbulb takes a while to get everything up to temperature and I have heard of people cooking their creepies for 20 minutes. Really it depends on how hot the bulb gets, how big the mold is and how thick it is. The sure sign that it is undercooked is if it is sticky and rips easy once it has cooled off. Note that it might be sticky and rip easy even if it is fully cooked but still slightly hot so let it cool completely before you make your assesment. If it is undercooked you can always put it back in the oven.

I should mention that if goop has been sitting around for a while and separated it will have many of the same symptoms as an undercooked piece. So if your goop has been sitting around for a while or you can see signs of stratification inside the bottle then mix it up with a stick or a wire or what ever you have. When goop separates the thin plasticizer rises to the top and the resin settles down to the bottom. So mix it well!

I hope that helps. Sorry I deleted the original topic. Feel free to ask more questions!

Dr. Goop

ivy031

Re: How long to cook your Creepy Crawlers

Postby ivy031 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:55 pm

It's okay about the deleting... The little oven doesnt work, the plug broke. We don't have a toaster oven so I was going to try to cook them in the regular oven this weekend. I was thinking of setting it around 310 degrees and just checking it every few minutes.

Unless someone has a better temp and timing for a regular oven cooking for crawlers!!!! :-)

Return to “Message Board”