New fix for Dr Shriek "walker"

Anyone can read and search for topics but only registered members can post new topics and responses
Megojim

New fix for Dr Shriek "walker"

Postby Megojim » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:33 pm

I've been working to put my dr shriek together, having some molding issues but I seem to have found a fairly easy way to synchronize the arms with the "Z" axle.

I cut away one of the black "loops" that connect to the arm socket. I went with the left arm but don't think it matters. I then positioned that socket to be in line with the other. You can check this by inserting the arms. Now turn the "walker" on it's side. Mix up some 2-part epoxy and put just enough in the arm socket to cover the axel head. Let it dry , turn over and repeat with the other side. This will lock the sockets in place and move dr shrieks arms in unison.

Now I sure could use some help with the molding issues in my other thread. A clean copy of the dr shriek instructions would be awesome, can anyone help a guy out?
2 Cor 5:7 - for we walk by faith, not by sight

dr_goop
Site Admin

Re: New fix for Dr Shriek "walker"

Postby dr_goop » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:37 pm

I always heard that Dr. Shriek would take his head off with both hands and put it back on. Did your mechanical fix get that to happen? I am not fortunate enough to own a Dr. Shriek set, yet, so I am going by what I have heard in the past.

Megojim

Re: New fix for Dr Shriek "walker"

Postby Megojim » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Yes he does however, some of the walkers arms are not synced properly so you have to alter them to get the arms to move in unison. The fix I read on line involved bending some of the parts. If this is not done properly you're in trouble. So I devised this much easier (IMO) fix
2 Cor 5:7 - for we walk by faith, not by sight

Return to “Message Board”