new molds

Anyone can read and search for topics but only registered members can post new topics and responses
sciboy33

new molds

Postby sciboy33 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Does anyone know who you contact or how to go about inqiring into some company, maybe even in a boutique way, creating new aluminum alloy molds?? I was thinking of some limited runs of well designed Aliens, Star Wars, Star Trek themes just to start. I'm aware of the newer Star Wars themed molds but what crazy thought a medallion enclosed cameo type figure would be that great, compared to say, a put together AT-AT assambled like the older Mini Dragons or EEEKS. Or who could resist making the almost innumerable aliens and ships of Star Wars,Star Trek and other sci-fi movies or icons like ET., Gort, or Robbie the Robot. Anyway I really do believe there is an untapped market for the molds and others. What do you think, can the start up and licencing costs be that high?? sciboy33

Joseph.Jester

Re: new molds

Postby Joseph.Jester » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:13 pm

I have created my own molds out of tin alloys. You can do this on your own without huge start up costs. I thinking of creating some Alien Bug molds soon. I will let you know how it goes.

sciboy33

Re: new molds

Postby sciboy33 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:52 pm

Joseph, this sounds great please keep me in the loop on how your doing w/ pics etc. What are planning to use as a positive Alien bug something you've sculpted or ..... sciboy33

Return to “Message Board”