Please help with Creepy Crawler Maker

Archives

Please help with Creepy Crawler Maker

Postby Archives » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:14 pm

anubus12
10/28/08 at 10:41 AM Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son got this for his birthday. Been trying to cook some. What I found is that the different color goop runs into each other when cooked. So all the results come out as this brown or black color. How do I keep the colors separated like the pictures on the box? Fustrated!!

Also the GoopFX runs as well when cooked. So its like a blob rather than a line. I cook at the recommended 7 minutes and turn off the oven. Let it cool, but seems to be no different results. Do I cook shorter time? Please help!

Archives

Re: Please help with Creepy Crawler Maker

Postby Archives » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:15 pm

leeroy

10/28/08 at 11:53 AM Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's weird,goopfx usually stays in place and doesn't mix with regular goop. Is the fx runny? The detail goop from pattigoop is thick and the fx pens that Dr Goop sells is good.

Rodney

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:15 pm

anubus12
10/28/08 at 02:17 PM Reply with quote #3

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the Goop FX is a bit runny. However, I am more concerned about the goop mixing with other goop colors during cooking. How do i prevent that?

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 pm

leeroy

10/28/08 at 03:08 PM Reply with quote #4

If you are using regular goop to detail the creepy crawler cook 1 color at a time. Maybe 3 to 4 mins.That should harden the goop enough so they will not run together. If the goopfx is running together with the regular goop during cooking than you may be cooking it too long.Try 5 mins instead of 7 mins. I found it is easier to use goop fx for all the different colors to detail and then use regular goop for the main color.
In my other post I forgot to mention the Six color Plasti-Craft F/X Pen Tube set that Ed has at retro-hobbies they work really good also. Can you post a picture of the messed up one?

Rodney
Attachments
archive76.jpg

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 pm

anubus12
10/28/08 at 07:01 PM Reply with quote #5

leeroy, when i try to cook each color separately, i find that the goop doesn't stay within the section of the mold where I want a particular color. It overflows to another section. I guess the consistancy of the goop is too liquid to stay. So what you are saying is instead of using regular goop, use goop fx for sections I want a differnt color? I guess I don't understand the process. Thanks!

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:18 pm

leeroy

10/29/08 at 03:17 AM Reply with quote #6

Thats right,Anything you want to be a different color, legs,eyes,etc., you need to use the FX. Then fill in with regular goop for the main color.

Rodney

Archives

anubus12
10/29/08 at 08:15 AM Reply with quote #7

Ah I think I understand. I thought we were supposed to use the goop to define the different color segments. The unfortunate part is there is alot less Goop FX. Also the instructions say that FX is used to 'detail' only.

BTW, your spider is AWESOME. Can you tell me your process to make that? I.E. what you did first, with what product, and how long you cooked etc.

THANKS FOR THE HELP! My son will appreciate it! :-)

Archives

leeroy

10/30/08 at 06:32 AM Reply with quote #8

That's right,you use the fx to do the details.
On the one in the picture I used fx on the legs,eyes,the thing around the neck and used green on the shell of the beetle with blue on the rings on the shell. Then I used regular yellow goop to fill up the rest of the mold.
The time that you are cooking it is fine as long as it don't burn but I usually take it out of the oven as soon as the time is up. I don't leave it in to cool.
I use all of the kinds of fx I mentioned in the other posts. The plasticraft fx goop is pretty thick.
http://www.retro-hobbies.com/index.php? ... oductId=66

The ones Dr goop sells is good also.
http://www.dr-goop.com/goop.htm

Rodney

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Edouglass

10/30/08 at 09:21 AM Reply with quote #9

ok,, theres another way of keeping goop from flowing from one color to another,,
(Ill have to state here this is by adults or with adult supervision) I call it the "Hot Mold Method",, first youll see Im using my handy Waffle Iron,, No need to spend alot of money on an antique mattel oven, Were users not collectors, right? Sorry Tools,,, Step 1 pre-heat mold, add first color, add slowley, wait a few min for it to start to harden, if it goes outside the lines, then wipe it away with rolled up tissue or Q-tip, once its started to harden add 2nd color, for the eye I used Plasti-craft FX for veins , if you want smaller detail then use a pin to add it (I was in a hurrry), you can add color over Plasti-craft Fx right away, after that color stiffens, then add next,, ect,, If you try to add a color then cool mold in water and add another, you run the risk of adding moisture to the mold and getting bubbles, This method is not possible with New style light bulb oven, then youl have to rely soly on Plasti-craft FX,,
Next question: where do I get Plasti-craft FX? everyone please, Nicely ask Dr Goop, if he could whip up a batch so I can restock,,, Thanx Ed
Attachments
archive77.jpg
archive78.jpg
archive79.jpg
archive80.jpg
archive81.jpg
archive82.jpg

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:10 pm

jasond
11/01/08 at 09:16 PM Reply with quote #10

Ok

I'll ask please Dr. Goop whip up some FX so I can buy some.

Jason

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”