Glue for Flocking Giant Creepy Crawlers

Archives

Glue for Flocking Giant Creepy Crawlers

Postby Archives » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:26 pm

plasticmelter

06/26/06 at 05:57 PM
Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

I was curious to ask those who have got flocking for their Giant Creepy Crawlers, what glue they used? I have used Elmer's, and after only one touch of the Spider I flocked, the fuzz came off, and I had a nice exoskeleton! Then I went to the world's discount store and found some fabric glue and it seems to work well, because it can stretch. I was just wondering. I am not planning to move much or "play with" with these bugs I want to flock, but I don't want the fuzz to slough off just moving the bug from the table to a display case. Thanks....

Archives

Re: Glue for Flocking Giant Creepy Crawlers

Postby Archives » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:26 pm

Edouglass

06/26/06 at 06:11 PM
Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To glue things together,, like the skeletons arms and legs on, (I dont use those little knobby things) I use superglue,, it sticks to goop better than it sticks to skin,, but for that fact I dont let my kids use it,,, for them and for flocking I use spirit gum,, you can get it at any big hobby shop, or at a holloween shop ,,, also use this to glue monster maker heads together, fur on, ect,,, if you ever had a Topper monster maker in 1970 they came with these little blobs that had glue in them,, and the reason I figured out to use spirit gum is that when I smelled it , it was the same odor as that glue in 1970,, it cleans up pretty easy,, its made to adhere make up prostetics to skin,, so it stays on and flexes,, Ive tried to get small bottles to resell,, but havent found a wholesale dist of it,,

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”