Hello all! I'm a noob!

Archives

Hello all! I'm a noob!

Postby Archives » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:10 pm

frankensmith

06/16/06 at 11:31 PM
Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings fellow creepies,

Ed invited me over here. I'm a 42 year-old kid. LOL! I love old monster movies, collecting vintage 1960-1970's toys, monsters, action figures, wacky packages, Batmobiles, etc, etc,.....well, you get the picture. The list goes on and on.....

I experienced my first encounter with a Thingmaker back around the late 1960's. I was on vacation with my family down in Miami. My older cousins had a Creepy Crawler machine and I had to see how it worked. So they plugged it in and we made bugs. It was a gas. Sadly I was never to do it again until maybe a year or two later...only this time it was an edible crawler. I remember it tasted like Cinnamon. Kinda gross actually, but hey, still very cool!

I got into toy collecting back in 1997 while on a trip to Toys R Us to buy Christmas presents for my nieces and nephews. I ended up buying some monster toys for myself and haven't stopped since. I have a large toy colection now.

Another thing I really got into over the last 6 years was building the old Aurora Monster Models again. I know you guys remember these things. I built them all when I was a kid and sadly destroyed them all....so I built them again. But still have Kong and Dr. Jekyll to go. Wish the Monster Scenes were repopped, but I can only hope for so much. I have a website for these models and I want to invite you guys to check it out. Go here and remenisce (sp?):

http://bobbysmonstermodels.com/index.html

But the main reason for me here tonight is to let you guys know I just purchased a Thingmaker Kit from Ed, and some bottles of goop, and I'm gonna need some coaching on making creepies. I have not a clue what to do at all, and I don't want to waste precious goop! So give me some pointers please or send me to a good thread.

My kit isn't here yet and I've still gotta send Ed my money order for the other goop (which is gonna go out tomorrow, Saturday, Ed). But I'm chompin' at the bit to get creepy!!!! I also bought a new Thingmaker Workshop from Back To Basics Toys online. That won't be here til July (it's backordered).

Oh yeah, is Jakks Pacific making these machines now? I saw something online about them making the new machines???? Or is it Trendmaster or whatever it's called???

Archives

Re: Hello all! I'm a noob!

Postby Archives » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:11 pm

Edouglass

06/17/06 at 08:44 AM
Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to say welcome,,, always good to have new blood,, first, the goop is always flowing so its not that preciouse,, and I checked out your website,, everyone should go there and check it out,, it is amazing,,, one of the coolest sites Ive seen,,, I may need to talk to this guy about our forum,,, when it needs to renew Ill probably revamp it,,
but anyway welcome,, Ed

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:11 pm

dr_goop

06/22/06 at 07:11 PM
Reply with quote #3

Bobby, glad you could join us Creepsters. Saw your website and loved it. Reminds me of back in the day, making models in my basement and coming up to watch the creature feature show at 3:30. If you look at the links page on my website there is another monster model maker who has a site and he even has reproductions of some of the old aurora models for sale at retroresin.com http://www.dr-goop.com/friends_websites.htm

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:12 pm

frankensmith

06/22/06 at 07:51 PM
Reply with quote #4

Thanks Dr. Goop! Definitely going to pick me up some of those kits. Monstersinmotion.com has versions also, bigger scale though I think. But I want the old Aurora Monster Model scale. These are what I'm after. Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”