Cooking in regular oven

Archives

Cooking in regular oven

Postby Archives » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:20 pm

leeroy

01/23/07 at 04:48 AM
Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all. Wonderful forum you have here.

I was just wondering about cooking some goop in a regular GE oven. Do I preheat or put the molds in and then turn the oven on? Temp at 350,right?

Thanks for any comments

Rodney

Archives

Re: Cooking in regular oven

Postby Archives » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:21 pm

dr_goop

01/23/07 at 09:57 PM
Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Welcome to the forum. There is no need to preheat the oven but you can if you want. The only critical thing is the temp and time for the goop to gel. Most all goop on the market cooks fine at 310-350 F . The lower temp range might take a little longer but the goop also has less chance of burning.

Allow the goop to cool before trying to take it out of the mold. You can use a water bath for a quick cool. Hot goop is soft and rips easier. Once cool, if the critter is still tacky or semi-liquid it needs to cook longer, or higher temp. Also, if the critter seems solid but crumbles, it did not gel completely and needs to cook longer.

The nice thing about goop is if you accidentally rip a critter you can put him/her back in the mold, put a minute amount of goop on the rip, and remelt the poor thing back together.

Have fun!

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:21 pm

cah
01/26/07 at 09:01 AM
Reply with quote #3

I NEED HELP, sorry for shouting, just need to get some attention. i am not computer literate, couldn't figure out how to ask a new question. here's the deal, i'm just a mom. got this creepy crawlers bug maker (Jakks Pacific) for my boys for xmas. i missplaced the directions, everything is still in the box and they want to use it bad. the store had no more, i can't find a website for this company. can anyone help? thanks

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Edouglass

01/26/07 at 10:29 AM
Reply with quote #4

I just started to write what you need to do,, and then realized my light bulb oven is from the 90's,, I dont know what the door or latch system looks like now,,, let me see if I can find a pic online,,

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Edouglass

01/26/07 at 10:50 AM
Reply with quote #5

Hey,, does your new oven look like the one in the pic? hopefully it does,,, make sure bulb is installed,,, if not remove bottom to install 4 screws,,
take goop bottles,,, remove little caps,,, if there are seals under the lids remove them too,,, take a pin and punch holes in the end of the caps,,
have kids pour goop into molds,,, you can mix up the colors or make them just one color,, later on you can mess with detailing, ect,,
flip up the door of the oven,, it is hinged to either block off the opening or allow molds to be placed inside,, it should snap in place,, make sure button is off,,
there should be a forked staptula thing,,, use that to place mold into oven,, becareful dont spill goop,,
once mold is all the way in,,, plug in oven,, flip door down,, till in clicks,, and slide switch to on,,,
light should light up and door now cant be opened,,, watch little timer gauge till it moves all the way down,,, (light bulb ovens will take awhile) when it moves all the way down,, turn switch off,,, wait for it to cool off and move all the way up,,, when it is at the top again you will be able to open door,,
use spatual thing to remove mold,,, if goop isnt done completely then put the mold back in and repeat,,,
when completely cured,, remove bug from mold with pin or what ever they supply you now for that,, and as they say in the old 60's comercial
"Youve Got Bugs"
thanx Ed
Attachments
archive20.jpg
Last edited by Archives on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 pm

leeroy

01/26/07 at 09:00 PM
Reply with quote #6

Thanks Dr Goop. I tried it in a reg oven and it turned out good.

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:25 pm

dr_goop

01/30/07 at 12:36 PM
Reply with quote #7

Hi..
I have just reopened an old set of creepy crawlers and I cannot find instructions to use it.. I have the super oven workshop which looks brand new and an older, smaller onewhich is orange and green.
I also have unopened bottles of goop from 1994.
Is there someway I can get prints of the instructions for use, and, is the goop any good after all of this time or do I need to get new goop??

I have seen the website pictures of things for sale., but, until I can safely figure the unit out and know if the old goop is any good, I can't order anything more.

Please help me if you can, or send me to the correct website!
Thanking you ahead for your help,

Ciel S. Gordon

Cel,
the goop is still good as long as it is liquid. If the goop has been sitting around for a while give it a good shake to help mix it back up. The ovens you have use a light bulb to cook things. There is a way to replace those but I don't know. I would use the newer oven, the old green and orange one had some problems and might not be worth the time. Anyways simply put goop in the mold and put it in the oven, turn it on. Now the goop has to get to 325 F to cook/gel . That might take 15-20 minutes in the light bulb ovens. You will have to experiment as it is different with different molds(i.e. smaller, bigger, more goop, less goop) . If the goop is sticky after it comes out of the oven then it needs to cook longer. If your bug crumbles easy then it needs to cook longer. Make sure to cool your mold before taking the casting out since hot goop rips easy.

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Edouglass

01/30/07 at 12:43 PM
Reply with quote #8

and for anyone who has lost documentaion,, see forum member makenplay,,
John K at jk@creepyfun.com he should have almost every instruction manual available,,, If you ask him nicely he also post what you want here on the forum,,
tell him Ed sent you,,,

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Ghostwheel
01/31/07 at 12:51 AM
Reply with quote #9

For anyone cooking in a regular or toaster oven, you might want to preheat your oven or at least check the temp on it. My toaster oven will shoot up to 425 degrees before settling out at 350, so I HAVE to preheat mine, or the white gets burned.

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”