newbie questions

Archives

Re: newbie questions

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:38 pm

omnichi
11/18/06 at 01:53 AM
Reply with quote #11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Superplastic cooks pretty much like Goop, but it is not at all rubbery when cooked. If you used it in the center of your ball where you need structural support, it might just work the way you want.

Could you post a few photos of what you are doing. I'm interested in your mold making, since I'm trying to do some myself.

thanx,
Joseph

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:39 pm

pattigoop

11/27/06 at 04:44 PM
Reply with quote #12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Goopsicle,

Please stay with us. Unless you were tormented and harrassed by a certain person, it may be hard for you to understand. I was talking about toolman to warn other people, because he caused trouble for so many people, not just me. I didn't feel comfortable writing that stuff on the forum because goop should always have positive energy attached to it, not negativity. I had a lot of people writing to me asking me what happened, so I wrote on the forum--facts only--so people would not guess what happened, they would know.

I have not corresponded with toolman for a long time now, and will not start again.

I can see how a new person would be taken aback by our talk of toolman. I hope we can all learn from the experience and get on with bigger and better things.

thanks

Patty

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:39 pm

omnichi
12/02/06 at 12:17 AM
Reply with quote #13

Hey everyone,

The one positive thing we lost when the toolman posts were removed is all the comments about eBay and how to make it a better, safer place to buy and sell. I would especially appreciate it if Patty would re-post her comments about how to get tracking of packages.

Thanks all,
Joseph

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:41 pm

dr_goop

04/17/07 at 03:12 PM
Reply with quote #14

Goopsicle,
If I understand your intentions correctly you might look into what is called a slush molding technique. It is basically a closed mold with goop and air inside that is constantly rotated and cooked. After cooling when the mold is opened the resin is on the surface of the mold but filled with air. Thermal contraction of the air may cause the ball to appear deflated but If you made it thick enough, or used a hard resin, it might hold its shape. I suppose you could also use a basketball needle and airpump to fill it back up too.

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”