Thingmaker II

Archives

Thingmaker II

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:42 pm

omnichi
01/22/07 at 09:52 AM
Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just got a Creepy Crawlers Thingmaker II. I'm trying various ideas to get some Crawlies out of the plastic molds. Has anyone tried anything that worked? I'll keep trying myself and see what I can figure out.

Joseph

Archives

Re: Thingmaker II

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Edouglass

01/22/07 at 10:05 AM
Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thingmaker 2,, was a completely different animal,,, and youl find its not talked about much on regular goop sites,,, Ive never owned one,, I think Pattigoop has a set,,, I think you pre-heat the goop then put it in the molds,, and the molds are plastic,, I really dont have any good info about this set up,,, I did have some bottles of the TM2 goop I sold on ebay yrs ago,, there shaped like a drinking flask to fit into the pre-cook unit,,,
anyway,, regular, Mattel, Jakks, Plasti-craft, Patti-goop,, none of these will work with that system,,

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:43 pm

omnichi
01/22/07 at 10:22 PM
Reply with quote #3

well, what I'm going to try is a product called Castosol from the Castolite Company. It is a vinyl which when heated up to 325 F begins to polymerize. You then pour it into the mold. I will let you know how it works.

I had talked with John from creepyfun.com about this project. I do have another idea which is to make a copy of the Thingmaker II mold, but cast it in tin. Then it would cook like any of our other molds. Not sure how happy Mattel would be about this, but they might not care since it is so long ago.

Joseph

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:44 pm

dr_goop

04/18/07 at 01:54 PM
Reply with quote #4

Joseph, How did that vinyl material work in the plastic molds? Also, I am curious to know what the Thingmaker 2 goop was made of. Does anyone know or have any clues? I have never handled the stuff and don't know anything about it.

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:44 pm

RetroGal
04/18/07 at 07:48 PM
Reply with quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_goop

Also, I am curious to know what the Thingmaker 2 goop was made of. Does anyone know or have any clues? I have never handled the stuff and don't know anything about it.

I don't know exactly what that goop was made out of - I just remember that it was extremely "plasticy" (hard and rigid) and not "rubbery" like the original Plastigoop when baked. I got a Fun Flowers ll set in the late '70's (for nostalgia's sake - was excited to see Fun Flowers sets again ), but I was SO disappointed in the texture of the flowers, that I returned it!

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:45 pm

omnichi
05/01/07 at 08:34 AM
Reply with quote #6

Hey all,

Sorry, I've been so busy with finals and term papers that I haven't been watching this board for a while. My first experiments with the vinyl rubber didn't work. I got some more in the mail yesterday and I'm going to try again. This rubber should be flexible not hard, but we'll see how it works in the Creepy Crawler II molds.

Joseph Jester

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”