52 members

Archives

52 members

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Edouglass

04/16/07 at 07:53 PM
Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of weeks ago,, we were around 45 members,, and it was slow,, and I was thinking well I guess this will be it for awhile,, in the last 2 wks we have had a bunch of people join,, and where now at 52 members,,, So I want to say "Hello to the new members",,, and I guess now were working on 100,,, So did someone say Creepy Crawlers Convention? late summer 07 in Atlantic City?

Archives

Re: 52 members

dr_goop

04/16/07 at 08:54 PM
Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since package deals are the way to go with Hotels and such maybe we could get a price estimate and see how many people are interested.

Archives

stixxs02

04/16/07 at 11:50 PM
Reply with quote #3

Actually there are 53 counting me... hello.. i have been reading your forum for about 4 months... very interesting and helpful... one of the hobbies that i cherish from my childhood was a musty old box my 18 year old uncle gave me ... it was filled with creepy crawler molds and oven and goop.... so you could say this forum brings me back to a age of discovery in my distant youth... but still very young at heart...
p.s.
now my nephews have a new jaxx pacific thing maker and are getting ready to take the same exact journey as there older uncle did... this time i will be making creepies with them using the original creepy crawlers that were entrusted to me ..

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:48 pm

prmanson
06/12/07 at 08:45 AM
Reply with quote #4

Finding the new creepy crawlers oven set on Toys 'r Us when I was shopping for my boss's sons 8th birthday really took me back! I was talking about it with my boss, and told him I'd emailed his wife to see if she had any objections to this as a gift for their son (hate to give a kid a gift and then the parents have to be the bad guy and not let them play with it if they have objections), and he very excitedly ask "What did she say!?!".

She gave her approval, and I placed the order. The boss was disappointed to find out about the locking door on the new ovens, and I went to EBay and found a vintage oven and 8 molds that I was successful in bidding, and so now as a surprise for the boss he will be getting the vintage set, and a new handle and pick set from Retro-Hobbies when it arrives, at the same time that I present the 8-year-old with his new set. As the boss had said, he burned many a finger making creepies in his youth. Now he and his son can use the vintage set together, and if they feel its safe, the son can use the new one by himself.

It's now got me on a quest for a set of my own. I'm keeping my eyes open not only for creepy molds, but the Fun Flowers and the dots, I think they were called picadoos, or something like that? Seems like we had all three as kids.

If I can't find a vintage oven in good shape and that works, then I will probably try making them in my oven.

Glad to find this forum, and look forward to ordering some new goop as soon as I know I have some molds on their way (or I may just have to borrow from the boss!) Maybe we can just keep the creepy crawlers at the office? LOL

Peggy in Richardson (Dallas), TX

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”