Newbie Question

Archives

Newbie Question

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:53 pm

pinballdude75
07/14/07 at 10:16 PM
Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahh, memories! I had the Mini Dragons set when I was a kid. Those were the coolest to me cause I wasn't into the bug thing. Anybody know what order the various sets were released?
I want to get the Mini Dragons molds. Already have the Fright Factory set and the Flowers maker pack, so I have the oven.
How does a person decide reasonable pricing to pay for stuff? Don't wanna do ebay. Saw the MD at a antique show/flea market, molds and oven. Couldn't tell if all molds were there, they were kinda vac-pac ed to a piece of cardboard. The oven had a rusty surface but a curly cloth cord. Don't know if it worked. No extras. Priced @ $24, don't know if they will deal. So what is a reasonable price if unknown working oven? Hopefully its still there next time.
One other thing...Is all "new" goop pretty much the same? I just got Eds but would like to spread the business around a bit, try Dr. Goop and Patti Goop as well. Cooking times vary?
Thanks.
Terry

Archives

Re: Newbie Question

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:53 pm

Edouglass

07/15/07 at 06:34 PM
Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mold prices,, I always try to get them for around $5 a pc,, unless its a rare one like, green hornet or batman one,,, they can fetch a bit more,,
check out
http://www.creepyfun.com/
look under reference for all mold sets,,
Ebay is really probably your best bet,,, if your looking to use the molds, just go for loose ones,,, sometimes people have bulk sets for sale and even if you get extras then youl have some to trade,, you can put up a list of wants on the forum,,
Goop curing times,,, kinda some what varies based on the oven your using,,
but there all good,,,
Ed

Archives

Re: Newbie Question

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:54 pm

dustin2dust

07/17/07 at 12:59 PM
Reply with quote #3

I'm new here too. Been lurking for a few months but finally just decided to join in. I've noticed a few of you on ebay auctions too. Some I have bought from and some I have bid against. Hi everyone!
I just recently got into creepy crawlers after hearing my whole life about how cool they were from my mom.
I have bought all my molds on ebay auctions. I don't see many other places that sell them and sometimes you can find decent sized auctions for a good price. As far as the ovens go, a lot of the mold auctions come with an oven so if you win a few auctions you may end up with several ovens or hotplates. I don't like the old hotplate style, they seem to heat unevenly and are super hot. (I kept burning goop on them) Somewhere there was a thread on this forum about just cooking them in a normal oven as well.
I too try to set an amount per mold that I am willing to pay in the auctions and I include shipping in that calculation, which can be a bit because of the weight. I try to sick in the $3 range unless it is a special mold or set that I am looking for.
I think $24 may be a decent price depending on how many molds are included and you may be able to talk them down if you play the angle of not knowing if the oven works. If they don't know you can use a conventional oven it could give you an advantage.
The only new goop I have tried so far aside from the toymax stuff is Pattygoop and I like it. One of these days I'll order some glow goop from Retrohobbies and try that.

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”