looking for

Archives

looking for

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:21 pm

forged

05/11/07 at 12:04 AM
Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking for some mold for my 8 year old to healp out his collection and my youth. looking for mini dragon 4502-051,& Fright Factory Shrunken Head Insert 4522-057

thanks, I'ts been a lot of fun passing this hobby onto the next gen.

Archives

Re: looking for

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:21 pm

omnichi
05/20/07 at 05:06 PM
Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I may have a way to manufacture all of the various Mattel Creepy Crawlers inserts. I do worry about the trademark and copyright rules. I know that Ed of RetroHobbies has sold some aftermarket inserts. I wondered if Ed or anyone else has considered the legalities in this area.

My mother is an art professor. The rule for her art students is that they must have created 51% of the content of an art piece. For example, they sometimes do a collage with pictures torn from magazines; the student must arrange the pictures and/or draw or paint on them to meet this 51% rule.

Is this a good example of the problem at hand?

Sincerely,
Joseph Jester

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:22 pm

Edouglass

05/20/07 at 07:36 PM
Reply with quote #3

Actually theres no problem at all,,, first Mattel doesnt care anymore,, I would imagine the feeling there is Creepies made them alot of money,, then Creepies lost them alot of money,, Inserts,, Ok,, I have a 1975 Pinto, (with only 19K miles) I just replaced all the brakes, from pads, shoes to springs, clips, drums, hoses, lines, wheel cyl, master cyl,
brake booster,, everyone of these parts where built to Ford specs,, inch for inch same exact parts,, but none of them where built by Ford,,, Its called aftermarket,,
they are as good or sometimes even better than the original parts at a lower price and more readily available,,, anyway,, if you put any of my incerts next to an original part it is completely different,, but functions the same,, I also own a beautiful Les Paul copy cost only $125 new not $600 like a Gibson,,, and if there was a problem with copy rights then I wouldnt be selling Goop,, and this forum wouldnt exist and we wouldnt be having this conversation,,,

Archives

omnichi
05/21/07 at 08:33 AM
Reply with quote #4

Sounds right to me. I had thought that Mattel wouldn't care after all these years. I've got the silicone rubber ready to go and I can make copies of the inserts within a couple of weeks, maybe less, depending on work and school. I'd be making the inserts out of tin, so I'm not 100% sure they will work, but I'll try.

By the way, Ed, I love what you are doing for this hobby! Keep the Goop flowing! Patty and Dr. Goop, too! Ever since I discovered you all, I have re-discovered my favorite hobby!

Your aftermarket friend,
Joseph Jeste

Archives

BoomerBoy

08/17/07 at 01:38 PM
Reply with quote #5

Hello,

I won an auction at E bay (fright factory) and after corresponding w/ the seller, I am not sure as to whether or not the shrunken head mold has the needed insert. Are these available to buy from Retro Hobbies? or does anyone have other suggestions as-to making this mold work. I did not see that part in the photo and seller seemed confused, my guess is ...is that I will need one NO WONDER THERE IS A SHRUNKEN HEAD SHORTAGE

thanks

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”