Goop Goop and More Goop...

Archives

Goop Goop and More Goop...

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:24 pm

dustin2dust

08/16/07 at 04:37 PM
Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have several goop questions...
Is anyone making new color change, metallic or eraser goop? I just got some color change and really like it. Has anyone used the eraser goop? Did it work well? Erase well? I got some stretch goop which was horrible, got stuck in the mold, was chunky before cooking and bubbly and broken after cooking. Was it just old or has the stretch goop always been worthless? The old 60's goop that I have doesn't seem to cook in with the new goop when I try to use them in the same piece. Has anyone else seen that happen? I'm guessing that it's just because they are different formulas. Any opinions on the scented goop? Sounds like a neat idea... if it ends up smelling nice.

Archives

Re: Goop Goop and More Goop...

chuck
08/16/07 at 08:02 PM
Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Stretch goop just plain doesn't work anymore. It does make a sticky mess of you molds. I think it would have been fun when it was new. Metallic is semi transparent with fine glitter, I am sure Patty could make it. You could also ask her to make you some up with more plasticizers in it, more a more pliable critter. Eraser works well, as far as an eraser, it is fair. But the kids like to use the horned toad for an eraser! Scented goop can be made with any of the plastic fragrances. Go to the fish lure making web sites and you can buy glitter, fragrance and glow powder and pigments. I have used their PVC, but the some of the stuff used Barium for the stabilizer. Not that it is real bad, but probably not quite as inert as some of the others.

Archives

dustin2dust

08/18/07 at 08:32 PM
Reply with quote #3

Thanks for all the info! I have tried making my own metallic goop by adding powdered eyeshadow to clear goop, but it I have to shake it a lot when I want to use it since the pigment sinks to the bottom of the bottle. I have also tried dusting the mold with eyeshadow before pouring goop in and that works out okay, but it's not the greatest.

Archives

Postby Archives » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Edouglass

08/18/07 at 09:24 PM
Reply with quote #4

I have metalic gold and silver the goop Dr sent me as samples,, if you want some just order any color 2 oz bottle and then send me an email that you want a metalic color,,
thanx Ed

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”