Fun Flowers Fans?

Archives

Fun Flowers Fans?

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:08 pm

RetroGal
04/09/07 at 01:37 AM Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if there are other people here who are now, or used to be when they were children, fans of the Fun Flowers set? (The original '60's version - not that awful remake which made hard plastic flowers!) I realize there are mostly guys on this forum, but there are lots of men who collect Barbie, so maybe there are some who like Fun Flowers, too?

This was one of the favorite toys my sister and I had. (Well, it was actually *her* set - but she let me, her little sis, play with it, too.) We had loads of fun with that thing for years! (Even Grandma - the costume jewelry queen - thought it was cool, and wanted my sister to make her some flower jewelry!) I think I've still got a big baggie full of our Fun Flowers somewhere in my parents' house. I'm excited to think that even though our set is long gone, I might still be able to make them again if I buy the molds and the new, rubbery goop.

Does anyone have any photos of Fun Flowers they could post? That would be great!

Yours in Thingmaker fun,

RetroGal

Archives

Re: Fun Flowers Fans?

leeroy

04/11/07 at 06:18 PM Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey RetroGal, I am a fan of all things Creepy. I make the Fun Flowers and give them to my wife,niece and some girls in the office where I work. They trip on the 60's flower shapes.
Here are some links of some of the Fun with Flowers photos.

http://usera.imagecave.com/roleroy/april/Untitled.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/roleroy/april/_DSC8278.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/roleroy/april/_DSC8279.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/roleroy/april/_DSC8283.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/roleroy/april/_DSC8285.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/roleroy/april/_DSC8286a.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/roleroy/april/_DSC8287.jpg
http://usera.imagecave.com/roleroy/april/_DSC8289.jpg

Rodney

Archives

RetroGal
04/11/07 at 10:30 PM Reply with quote #3

Awesome, Rodney! Thank you! You've just taken me back 35+ years. I think I can even smell that wonderful Plastigoop aroma - ahhhhhh.

Those are some really beautiful creations!

RetroGal

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:10 pm

chuck
04/15/07 at 10:53 AM Reply with quote #4

Excellent set of Fun Flower pictures, Thanks!!!!

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:12 pm

prmanson
06/30/07 at 11:25 AM Reply with quote #5

Okay everybody, I'm going to be really brave and try and post a picture of my first creations with goop in over 40 years!! So be kind - I know you are all artists with goop, but I'm sure having a good time with it!

I've been acquiring mold sets and trying to get a working vintage oven for the past couple of weeks (on Ebay) and finally got my goop that I'd ordered and a picadoos set of molds, and a fun flower set (without the petal shaper or a working oven), so I decided to give it a try this morning, on yet another rainy / cloudy day here in Texas.

It was lots and lots of fun, and I can't wait to get the creeple peeple set that is coming, and the other fun flowers set with the petal shaper and a working oven. I also ordered a skeleton mold yesterday off Ebay, and of course will now have to get some glow in the dark goop, plus I want some FX goop.

I made these in my convection oven, don't know if I cooked them long enough or not, but hopefully it will work. The flower and one of the butterflies I put a pencil cap on - will be interesting to see if they stay on long at all!

Some of the goop is Patti Goop and some is Ed's Goop - both seemed to work well!

Peggy
Attachments
archive40.jpg

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:59 pm

omnichi
07/02/07 at 08:18 AM Reply with quote #6

I thought your Picadoo flower was very cool!

Joseph

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:00 pm

prmanson
07/02/07 at 08:24 AM Reply with quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnichi
I thought your Picadoo flower was very cool!

Joseph

Thanks - the picadoos are something I was really eager to get, and although lots of folks I know personally seem to remember creepy crawlers and fun flowers, not many seem to remember picadoos.

I was going to ask Ed if by any chance he might consider selling a couple of empty detail pens to use with the picadoos. At least using the cross stitch pattern was kind of challenging using the regular bottles. It might be nice to have something with a finer tip that can be filled and refilled with regular goop for use in picadoos.

Peggy

Archives

Edouglass

07/02/07 at 09:26 AM Reply with quote #8

Of course Id sell some F/X tubes,, but Ive got a few better ideas,,, weve talked about these on here b4,, I think Patti mentioned them once,,, there fine metal tips that screw over the bottles regular tips,, you get them at a good craft store, I think there made by PLAID (I think there for cloth decorating on),,, I was going to sell them on my site but there too expensive and I couldnt find a bulk price ,,, well I should say there not too expensive for someone to buy one set,, they come in a set of 3 , three different sizes,, Im leaving right now for vacation,, when I get back Ill try and find a pic of them,,, the other option is what I do every now and then,,, find a plastics bottle supplier online, find a fine tipped tube,, and ask them for acouple free samples,, theyll only charge you shipping and you usually can get atleast 5 pcs,, hope this helps,,, flowers and picadoos look great,,
Ed

Archives

prmanson
07/02/07 at 10:16 AM Reply with quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edouglass

Of course Id sell some F/X tubes,, but Ive got a few better ideas,,, weve talked about these on here b4,, I think Patti mentioned them once,,, there fine metal tips that screw over the bottles regular tips,, you get them at a good craft store, I think there made by PLAID (I think there for cloth decorating on),,, I was going to sell them on my site but there too expensive and I couldnt find a bulk price ,,, well I should say there not too expensive for someone to buy one set,, they come in a set of 3 , three different sizes,, Im leaving right now for vacation,, when I get back Ill try and find a pic of them,,, the other option is what I do every now and then,,, find a plastics bottle supplier online, find a fine tipped tube,, and ask them for acouple free samples,, theyll only charge you shipping and you usually can get atleast 5 pcs,, hope this helps,,, flowers and picadoos look great,,
Ed

Thanks for the ideas - I will look for the tips over the next couple of days and see what I can find. Enjoy your vacation!

Peggy

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:01 pm

omnichi
07/03/07 at 09:38 AM Reply with quote #10

I have another idea I'm going to try. I found some plastic medecine syringes at Albertson's in the pharmacy dept. As soon as I have some time, I'm going to try these to dispense Goop in fine amounts.

Joseph

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”