Fun Flowers Fans?

Archives

Re: Fun Flowers Fans?

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:02 pm

prmanson
07/22/07 at 04:03 PM Reply with quote #11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edouglass

Of course Id sell some F/X tubes,, but Ive got a few better ideas,,, weve talked about these on here b4,, I think Patti mentioned them once,,, there fine metal tips that screw over the bottles regular tips,, you get them at a good craft store, I think there made by PLAID (I think there for cloth decorating on),,, I was going to sell them on my site but there too expensive and I couldnt find a bulk price ,,, well I should say there not too expensive for someone to buy one set,, they come in a set of 3 , three different sizes,, Im leaving right now for vacation,, when I get back Ill try and find a pic of them,,, the other option is what I do every now and then,,, find a plastics bottle supplier online, find a fine tipped tube,, and ask them for acouple free samples,, theyll only charge you shipping and you usually can get atleast 5 pcs,, hope this helps,,, flowers and picadoos look great,,
Ed

Thanks for the ideas - I will look for the tips over the next couple of days and see what I can find. Enjoy your vacation!

Peggy

I did find these tips at a Joann Fabrics store. I bought two sets, and they work great, especially for filling in the Picadoos molds. I'm now able to make very precise dots, Xs and squares

Now I'm eager for Ed to get back from vacation so I can receive my glow goop and start making skeletons in anticipation of Halloween. I want to make enough to hang in the double front doors of our offices so they can glow all night long, and then I need to loan the mold to my boss and his son so they can make some ffor their house!

Peggy

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:03 pm

omnichi
07/26/07 at 10:47 PM Reply with quote #12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried medicine droppers, a basting syringe, and a cake decorating syringe. None worked better that the good old plastic bottles from Retro-Hobbies, Dr. Goop, or Patti-Goop.

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:05 pm

omnichi
07/26/07 at 10:48 PM Reply with quote #13

I'll go look at Joann's Fabric for those metal tips. Thanks for the tip (sorry for the pun).

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:07 pm

dustin2dust

08/18/07 at 08:25 PM Reply with quote #14

I don't know if it would help with the picadoos, but I just got a set of paintbrushes which has helped tremendously with detail on my creations. Much more control than using goop straight from the bottle. It also helps conserve goop since you can dip the brush in the goop that has spilled or run on the side of the bottle. I've been hoarding every drop of goop like it's gold!

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Cowgirlinthesand
08/18/07 at 09:59 PM Reply with quote #15

Paintbrushes! That's an excellent suggestion. I just spent the evening breaking in my new fright factory molds and I was having a devil of a time getting in some of those criss-cross areas, rotted spots on the teeth and tongue, etc. Even with the f/x pens it's tedious work. I use a straight pin much of the time but it takes soooo long to wait for it to drip off the end. I'll try your paintbrush technique next time. Thanks!

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:09 pm

dr_goop

08/19/07 at 06:10 PM Reply with quote #16

I find that wooden toothpicks work well for fine details like the cross stitch in the shrunken head or for making eyes, mouths, etc.

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:09 pm

pattigoop

09/27/07 at 08:12 PM Reply with quote #17

Hello Fun Flower Fans,
I am certainly one of them. As a kid I got the cc set first, then fun flowers,.picadoos and mini-dragons. I collected the other sets in the 80's even before eBay!

I always found that one drop from the original style bottles in any shape of picadoos was just the right amount, round, square or x's. However, if you need help with those metal tips I mentioned a few months ago, I will help you find them. They are kind of expensive, and once you use a certain color in them, they would be very difficult to clean. You would probably have to dedicate one tip to one color. They are made to fit my Deetail goop bottles.

I agree about the toothpick for the thicker detailing goop. For extra fine detail, I put a drop of deetail goop on my laminated table top and dip the toothpick into it, then touch the mold.

Patty

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”