what do you use to cook Goop??

Archives

what do you use to cook Goop??

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Edouglass

12/03/07 at 08:09 AM Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive been getting alot of questions from people on ebay asking about "how well does the new goops work in old ovens", new ovens, vac-u-forms ect,,
Was hoping some of you could leave some posts about what you use and how it works, cooking times, ect,,
To start it off I use either an old style oven,, let it heat up for 15min b4 I start,, then based on the thickness of the mold either 8 min or up to 12 min,,
or I use a waffle iron,, I can get 3 molds on there and the times are about the same,,

Archives

Re: what do you use to cook Goop??

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Nyrath
12/05/07 at 01:18 PM Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been using my wife's craft oven. This is a type of toaster oven designed for cooking polymer clay. It is available in most arts and craft stores.

About 300 degrees for five to eight minutes does it. Too hot and the goop develops thousands of tiny bubbles. Too cool and the goop will get hard but will tear apart easily.

The oven has warm and cool spots. This makes it difficult to cook several molds at once.

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”