Speaking of Hair

Archives

Speaking of Hair

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:25 pm

BoomerBoy

08/24/07 at 04:50 PM Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Members,

My Fright Factory molds just arrived, and I must soon start work on the shrunken heads... I was wondering the best place to find hair (besides people) the craft fur I use for creeple people is not really the right stuff. I suppose I could get by w/ string or yarn, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. Doll hair ? maybe? Any suggestions

Archives

Re: Speaking of Hair

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:26 pm

dustin2dust

08/25/07 at 02:01 PM Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about fake people hair? I mean, synthetic hair for people. If you go to a beauty store for ethnic women, they should have tons of hair for sale. They often add hair in when they are doing all the braids and stuff. Sometimes they will have sections of hair products just for black people in Walgreens or RiteAid and you might be able to find some there. One package should keep your shrunken heads in hair for YEARS!

Archives

leeroy

08/27/07 at 05:49 AM Reply with quote #3

I have used wool doll hair I bought on line. I don't recall the site. It came in braided so I used an iron to straighten it out.

Rodney

Archives

BoomerBoy

08/30/07 at 05:00 PM Reply with quote #4

Thanks for the suggestions...I will try a few things for various looks and styles. I used some "jute" which gave the heads a Bob Marley type look! (or translated) "Dem shrunk'n Eds have a natty stylee...Ites"

Archives

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Dave

12/10/07 at 11:35 PM Reply with quote #5

Goto http://www.monstermakers.com and order thier yak hair. Its what is traditionally used for more economical theatrical and film mustaces, beards etc.
Send me a message and Ill tell you how to straighten or style it, depending on realism you can "mix" it. I made a batch of shrunken heads actual size for a class project but I "punched " the hair. It mightwork on a creepy crawler. You sick a handle into a wood handle cut off half the opening to the thread hole and (I used human hair) push the hairs in one to three at a time. Its realistic. The elasticity of Crawlers should keep them in place without the need for ant glue
woodrumdave@yahoo.com

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”