Need FUZZ for your Giant Creepy Crawlers?

Archives

Need FUZZ for your Giant Creepy Crawlers?

Postby Archives » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:42 pm

plasticmelter

04/05/07 at 11:20 PM Reply with quote #1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
I saw that link to the craft fur for Creeple Peeple Hair, and it made me think that there might be some folks out there who might want to get some flocking or "fuzz" for Giant Creepies. I know I have enjoyed flocking the spider, crab louse, ant and other Giants. You can get some neat effects if you put on one color at a time as well. Here is the link for one company that sells 28 different colors and the 1oz packages are reasonably priced. 1oz will go a long way. Use a stretchy or fabric glue to make the fuzz stick and move with the critter... if you use ELMER'S or white glue, the flocking will slough off eventually into a rather interesting looking fuzzy and rigid exoskeleton. Hope this might help some.
Burt

http://www.craftflocking.com/index.php?pr=Buy_Flocking

Archives

Re: Need FUZZ for your Giant Creepy Crawlers?

Dave

12/11/07 at 03:53 AM Reply with quote #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does the flocking stand on end like a 70s GI Joe? I've heard flocking guns can do that but theyre a little bit dangerous. The static charge built up in the gun an have a bad effect if youre not grounded safely et all

Archives

Re: Need FUZZ for your Giant Creepy Crawlers?

plasticmelter

12/12/07 at 12:13 AM Reply with quote #3

Hi,
This flocking is made of very tiny fibers that seem to stick well to spirit gum and the flexible fabric glues I have experimented with, while using Creepy Crawler creatures. As far as the GI Joe head, I am not sure what you mean... The flocking probably isn't as thick and long as the GI Joe. And as far as the flocking gun, I am not talking about an electric, turbo-charged 15 psi gun, I use a five dollar tube that looks alot like the tubes we used to blow up balloon animal balloons. The fuzz comes out of the hole where you'd put the balloon. That website has 3 types of applicators, you can even use a empty plastic bottle. Good luck and have fun with it. I have detailed instructions available if anyone is interested. Thanks... Burt

Return to “Archives of the FUN WITH GOOP forum”